Happy birthday to you ! -(2)
Happy birthday to Bits n bytes of life ! Happy birthday to you! 😛
May god bless you ! -(2)
May god bless you Bits n bytes of life ! Happy birthday to you ! 😛
Happy long life to you !-(2)
Happy long life to Bits n bytes of life ! Happy birthday to you 😛
(Thunderous applauds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!…………….delightfully taking a bow …thank you ! thank you everyone! :P)
On 11th May , 2009 Bits n bytes of life turned an year old. With a whopping 12,677 hits since 11th May,2008 , 24 posts,3pages, 12 categories,94tags, 271 comments, 81 spam comments ,a maximum of 232 views per day , an average of 70 views per day and visitors from all around the world ( for greater details scroll down for the clustrMaps) , the journey has not been less than a roller coaster ride. But the blog has perfectly sailed through and has gained tremendous momentum in the past few months.
The blog took its first baby steps with the post Its Mother’s Day followed by the following posts :
- A bow to my past
- A boomerang city called “Delhi”
- A meeting with plagiarism
- A day gone in trash
- Peaceful march against terrorism
- Shhh………I am dreaming
- Bidding adieu to my Alma Mater : Part-I
- Bidding adieu to my Alma Mater : Part-II
- A friend who never bothered to be a friend
- Je bavarde beaucoup
I believe that this list is going to turn long as with the support of all the readers and blog friends I will definitely keep on writing , sharing my experiences , views and opinions.
And now to strengthen the bond I have been able to make with all the fellow bloggers , I have come up with certain awards for bloggers who I feel have slogged day in day out to make this blogging experience so enriching and delightful. So here I present the awards :
- Blog-o-laureate award: This award is meant to honor the bloggers who have done astounding work, have come up with useful and enlightening posts and who actually in my opinion are the pride of the blogosphere. So the award goes to
- Creative Blogger award : This award is meant to appreciate the creative instinct and the artistic mind of a blogger who has the capability to think out of the box . The creativity can be seen in the way the blogger designs the header, the blog layout and the entire presentation which leaves an impact on the readers mind that they cannot miss a chance to visit such a blog. This award goes to
- Budding Blogger award : This award is meant to encourage new bloggers who have the perfect zeal for blogging and who are actually making waves in the blogosphere with their posts and comments. The award has been shared by three people
- Bindaas Blogger award : This award is given to a blogger who dares to speak her mind, has a bindaas attitude which is perfectly reflected in her posts and comments. And its recipient is none other than
- Entertaining Blogger award : The bloggers who have never missed a chance to bring a smile on our face with their posts, have entertained us throughout and always assured to bring a pinch of humor in their writings should be appreciated for their efforts. So this award is shared by
- Versatile Blogger Award : This award is meant to appreciate the versatility of the bloggers who have the capability to divulge into different areas and yet emerge victorious . Be it sports, politics, entertainment they have always emerged with flying colors by impressing us with their opinions and posts. In my view, this award should rightly go to
- Most Active Blogger award : A blogger who has been always dedicated to blogging world , has never missed an opportunity to share the experiences by way of posts and always comes back to reply to the comments of the reader in time is surely meant to be appreciated. So this award gos to
- Blogger cum chef award : This blogger comes up with the most “delicious” posts which is always a delight for the foodie’s. The blogger was previously advised to open a restaurant which he can still consider provided all the reader’s eat his finger licking food . Kudos to the recipient of this award which goes to none other than
- U-first Blogger award : For this blogger his reader’s are everything. This blogger is right there to solve your problems and provide you with all possible solutions related to blogging. So in my view this award should certainly go to
This is what I have got to offer to you all in this post. Right now I am busy celebrating the blog’s birthday . Hope you all had a good time in reading this post and accepting the awards. In between, a mail has been sent to all the award winners along with their badges specially designed by me 😛
Till then chao!!!!!!
Arpit, congratulations for completing this one year. You have a wide variety of posts under your belt! And thanks a lot for the award. It feels great to be appreciated! And I am glad to have the company of fellow bloggers who have received the award with me! Congrats to them too.
congratulations! thank you so much for the honour. 🙂 you sure take pains to celebrate it with your blog buddies, designing the awards yourself! love your colourful header, by the way.
congratulations…and thanks a ton…! finally someone recognised my latent talent 😛
hahahahaha….! thanks dude… 😀
wow!!! I m honored! thank u very much.
Congrats on your blog birthday 🙂
Pingback: Blogging Experience So Far… « My Random Thoughts
Thanks a lot Arpit! 🙂 I am very touched!
And congratulations for completing a year!
And congratulations to everyone who have been awarded!
Hey happy B’day bits and bytes… 🙂 I remember how we created the blog sittingly randomly just like that!
Thank u for the award..though I feel ur headers are getting better than mine!! 😉
Keep writing and doing the good work. hope u write more often. already suffering from writers block kya!!!
good luck…do well. 🙂
Congrats for reaching an year arpit 🙂 let me join you in singing happy birthday song 🙂 wishing your blog to celebrate many more birthday… I think the date should be 11th May… 🙂 and thanks for giving award to me arpit… I am really really happy 😀
Happy Birthday Bits and Bytes…! 😀
you are doing great and you know what you must share the U-first award with Vikas.
and thanks for my award…! its an honour.. 🙂
congratulations!!!salute you for a great track record…
any important reply i have given on my blog to you on bloggerschoiceawards.please read it…
Pingback: Summary post, awards and more « A wide angle view of India
Happy birthday bits n bytes 🙂
Thanks for the award Arpit , it feels great to be awarded 🙂
Pingback: Small Bites of Happy « bloggerdygook!
Whoa, I am late coming here.
Congratulations, and way to mark your one year. 🙂
You have listed all your work on this link, thats v good. It will be useful later.
And thanks for those generous awards!
Btw, what are your plans for future?
@ALL : Thank you all for your wishes and congratulations to the award winners! 😛
I hope to come back with more awards for more bloggers on the second birthday of the blog ****fingers crossed******
Happy Belated Birthday!!! 🙂 …..may you grow from bits to nibbles and from bytes to words 8) ….CHEERS!
And thanks for the award 😀
Happy B’day Belated wala to you!! 😀 Wishing you lots of Giga “bytes” and Tera “bytes” in the year to come!!
And of course, thanks a lot for the award!!! 😀
Your header is awesome!! I am now jealous!! 😉 😛
Just thought you’d be interested in this: http://thirtysixandcounting.wordpress.com/2009/05/27/and-i-have-been-plagiarised/
Especially since you thought her worthy of a budding blogger award…
Your dear friend SAG has been accused of plagiarising. And you must read the original post to know how orignal and award worthy she is!!! http://thirtysixandcounting.wordpress.com/2009/05/27/and-i-have-been-plagiarised/
Do you realise that your friend, SAG, to whom you awarded the “Budding Blogger” award [http://2writeornot2write.wordpress.com/my-awards/] is a regular plagariser.
She’s copied 2 posts verbatim.
is a copy of
And this is the original post:
She’s even copied them VERBATIM!!!!
And she’s had the gall to accept compliements for those posts!!!! And she’s blocking ALL the comments that Kiran and her friends have been sending her asking her to remove the post – or atleast acknowledge the author.
So writing in to you since you’re the one who ‘inspired’ her to blog. please talk some sense into her!!!!!
no offense, but SAG, one of the bloggers you awarded the budding blogger award for her zeal of writing is making waves in the blog world by plagiarising posts, not publishing the comments that alert her to it, and not taking down the post.
since you are her well wisher, pls do her a favor by telling her to stop lifting other people’s posts or even better, shut shop altogether.
Here’s the orig post
Here’s her shameless copy-paste
Time to rethink the award to SAG huh?
@ Kiran, D ,gooddaysunshine : firstly , welcome to the blog
i have left a comment on kiran’s blog and i am too against plagiarism. hope it answers to all your comments and i have done the needful from my side as well.
Arpit, why do you inspire people to blog when they can’t write a sentence to save their life? Please since you inspire SAG do us the honour of asking her to remove the posts which she has blatantly copied.
The blogosphere is a small world for all such things to go unnoticed. And do not take any offence coz I am reallyyyyyyy upset that she chose a post which was so very personal to claim as her own.
@ all : i have replied to kiran for all the comments. lastly, i have fulfilled my responsibility as a blogger. i can very well understand how you all must be feeling and having completed 1 yr in blogosphere i very well know what a close knit community it is and nothing goes unnoticed.
Thanks Arpit! Good to know there are folks out there who will stand up for what’s right. Twas Sags badluck she chose my blog. Here’s to more milestones from you!
I would like to offer a piece of advice to you. From now onwards, please be very careful and critical before choosing any blogger for any kind of award.
Plagiarism is definitely a very important issue and all the bloggers need to understand its importance.
@Withering Willow: There’s no way he could have known. It could happen to you and me. He cant keep running plagiarism checks. Achche achche log posts chura lete hain 😦
What we can do is to call their bluff when we discover it. Its importnant they apologise and take the post down. Its good that this one so well publicised that this woman deleted her complete blog out of shame.
@ Arpit : Thank you so much for the award. I am sorry I should have accepted earlier but I have been so lazy and to be honest a bit busy as well! If you are ever in Chandigarh and I am here as well we can eat together 🙂
Happy B’day to u……………
Happy B’day to u……………
Happy B’day dear Arpit….
Happy B’day to u…………..!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARPIT!!!! 🙂
Have fun…CHEERS! 😀